Wednesday 5 August 2015

So many of the little people parties we go to have plastic bags for the party favours. Baby seems to instinctively love to try & eat them & it always makes me twitchy. So I decided to make my own bags for her Hungry Caterpillar birthday so we could customise them and keep clear of plastic.

I used brown paper bags bought online (insert price & link). The apple was painted on with a simple stencil cut from an old birthday card, a bath sponge and some squeezy kids paint. A thumbprint makes the leaf and the stalk is drawn own with marker pen.  

The branch is a piece of corrugated card (left over from the art room board project LINK) and the caterpillar is circles of green paper. I borrowed a friend's Sizzix machine to cut these, but if you don't have one you could do this by hand. 

All in all a simple make for a personalised birthday party bag which the kids can't choke on. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment