Wednesday 5 August 2015

Adapted from ones I found online this simple make allowed me to make healthy, fun gifts to put into baby's birthday favour bags.

Start with wooden sprung clothes pegs and wooden lolly sticks. Paint or decorate one side of each of these however you wish. I used glitter paint, but you can also use pens or even washii tape (fancy sticky tape with patterns on).

  
Then stick the lolly stick to the peg, so that the gripping part of the peg is extended meaning both sides are decorated. I used my hot glue gun to make sure it stuck well.

Thread a length of pipe cleaner through the spring hole and curl around into an antenna shape, and add googley eyes. 



To give your caterpillar wings you can  use the peg to grip a sandwich bag pinched in the centre containing health snacks, or a couple of packets of dried fruit one for each wing (allows you to prepare things further ahead of the party

You can do this make using only the pegs (skip the lolly sticks) but I found it made the butterfly body too short. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment